End of Autumn 2 Week 4 Messages and Updates
Another great week in year 4 where lots of exciting things happened.
What a great week it has been. The children have been on great form following their return from Castleton. We've got straight back into classroom based learning and the children have worked extremely hard. We have finished writing our narratives about the Iron Man, learnt what area is and how we can measure it in rectilinear shapes, developed the clarity of our answers about a range of texts, planned our science experiment, learnt all about the life of a river and designed our own cards to fit a design brief.
All children need their PE kits for Wednesday.
The children should be bringing their reading books and reading journals in every day of the week and will be given chance to change their library books on Tuesday when we get back to school.
- In Maths, we will be starting our unit on multiplication and teaching the children some new songs in order to help them learn their times tables - you should recognise the tunes behind the 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s and 9s times tables.
- In English, we will be starting our learning of 'explanations' as we build our understanding of the features of this new genre before writing our own explanations about coastal erosion (something the children will be able to write about due to our recent lessons in geography).
- In Reading, we will be analysing non-fiction texts based on our Geography topic of waterways.
- In Science, we will be continuing our unit all about sound - ask the children about the experiment they have carried out.
- In Geography, we will be continuing our unit 'Waterways' - ask the children about flooding.
- In PSHE, we will be continuing our unit of 'respecting the differences between people.'
- In PE, we will be continuing to develop our skills in football.
- In Design Technology, we will begin making our own product to fit our design brief.
- In RE, we will be continuing our unit on Hinduism.
Have a lovely weekend and we will see you on Monday.