During the spring term, we will be completing a number of Science topics about living things and their habitats. We will be transforming into scientists and carrying out a number of investigations to deepen our scientific knowledge. We will be thinking about how to conduct fair testing and drawing conclusions from our results.
As part of our English lessons and our novel study learning journey, we will be entering into the exciting world of the Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins. Throughout our journey, we will be taking part in a range of immersive activities, which will help us understand the thoughts and feelings of the characters, such as Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Within lessons, we will use all of our learning and experiences to create writing of different genres including narrative, discussion and recount.
In maths, we will be exploring the four operations and applying our knowledge of the formal written methods to solve a range of decimal, fraction and multi-step problems. As ever, we will be practising our times tables as these are important for all areas of maths – lots of practise at home using ttrockstars will really help with this.
In year 6, we have a big focus on personal organisation and independence. The children should ensure that they are organised for every school day:
- P.E. Kit needs to be in school every day.
- Children need to be heard read at home 5 times a week with a record being made in planners.
- Children need to practise their timestables up to 12 x 12 every week.
- Homework needs to be completed to a high standard and given in on time. Book will go out on a Thursday and should be returned by Tuesday.
- A water bottle and indoor shoes need to be in school every day.
Please follow us on twitter @rosehilljuniors, @RRJMissBruce @RRJMissBrown to keep up to date with what we are up to in lessons.
If you have any questions or concerns, then please feel free to pop in and see us!