Welcome to the home of 6B
This term, we will be studying The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. During our novel study, we will be reading through the text and will be involved in a range of immersive activities – including a race to the Cornucopia to see what supplies we can gather! We will use all that we have learned by acting as different characters and immersing ourselves in the story to produce different styles of writing including narrative, reports and letters.
In maths this term, we will be continuing to develop and embedded as knowledge of the four operations. Alongside this, our term will be focusing on reasoning and problem solving and teaching the children how they can apply their knowledge of written methods. As ever, we will be practising our times tables – lots of practice at home will really help in all areas of maths!
In year 6, we have a big focus on personal organisation. The children should ensure that:
- P.E. kit is in school every day. Children are to bring their kit on a Monday morning and take it home on a Friday. Our usual PE days are Monday and Thursday but kit should be in school every day just in case.
- They are reading at home regularly – they should be reading most days and recording this within their reading journal.
- They are practising and learning their timestables up to 12x12.
- Homework is completed to a high standard and given in on time. Homework will be given out on a Thursday and should be returned by Tuesday.
- They have their water bottle and indoor shoes in school every day.
If you have any questions, please pop in!
Log on to read and learn more about light.
Practise and improve your grammar knowledge
Can you complete the grammar ninja challenge?
Become a maths master with lots of practise.